Name of the fund
Western Cape C-19 Business Relief Fund – Formal Business
Fund administered by
Department of Economic Development and Tourism
Type of relief/support
Financial grants for the affected enterprises
Total size of the fund
Who does the fund target?
The fund is aimed at supporting micro and small enterprises operational in the Western Cape
Minimum amount you can apply for
Maximum amount you can apply for
Maximum of R200 000 for formal businesses
Objectives of the Programme
- The purpose of the Fund is to alleviate the economic impact on small and micro enterprises operating in the Western Cape caused by COVID-19.
- The Fund will provide relief in the form of financial grants to the affected enterprises.In providing support and assistance to selected businesses, the objective of the Fund is to contribute to the sustainability of qualifying Western Cape enterprises i.e. for the assisted enterprises to remain going concerns (sustainability) during the C-19 crisis in order to emerge (post the crisis) as viable labour-absorbing businesses
- The grant will be used exclusively to subsidise business-related expenses such as fixed costs, operational costs, supplier debt and other pressure cost items.
- The number of employees will be used as a qualitative consideration when adjudicating applications.
- The Fund will exclude payments of and towards salaries and wages.
FUNDING CRITERIA FOR THE WESTERN CAPE C-19 BUSINESS RELIEF FUND:
- Business must have a tax compliant at the time the application is submitted.
- Business must be formally registered or incorporated e.g. with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) and classified as a micro or small enterprise in terms of the National Small Enterprises Act (Act 102 of 1996 as amended) - https://bit.ly/35TLIue.
- Business must be in formal existence for more than 2 years and in good financial standing pre-COVID -19 (as at 29 Feb 2020) operating in the Western Cape.
- Business must be able to demonstrate how the business was negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Business must be 100% South African owned.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE WESTERN CAPE C-19 BUSINESS RELIEF FUND:
Please follow the guidance and information provided below:
- The application process entails the completion of the required information online and the submission of the required supporting documents.
- Please prepare the answers to questions before attempting to complete the application. See section 4.2 and 5.2 for the information and documentation required to prepare.
- Once an application is started it must be completed. The application from does not allow for answers to be saved.
- Only applications submitted via the online process, before the closing date and time, will be considered, no emailed applications will be considered.
- Applicants must submit all the supporting documents required and listed for formal businesses via email to Dedat.Relief@westerncape.gov.za.
- To apply in the formal business category, please click on https://forms.gle/h38hGtS7ppzZfb7WA
- The closing date for submissions is 12 October 2020 at 10h00. It is advisable to submit your application as early as possible as no late applications will be considered.
Should you have a question that is not addressed in this document, please send an email to the Department regarding your question to: Dedat.Relief@westerncape.gov.za. Please note: Only online applications will be accepted and evaluated.
DOCUMENTATION TO BE PROVIDED FOR THE WESTERN CAPE C-19 BUSINESS RELIEF FUND:
- Tax clearance certificate or tax compliance status letter or pin.
- Copy of company registration documents for registered companies.
- Annual financial statements for two years (2017/18; 2018/19).
- Proof of business address (lease/utility account).
- Copy of identity documents of all owners.
- Payroll report indicating number of employees.
- Management accounts (income and expenditure for the period January to August 2020).
- Supporting documents substantiating the funding request submitted.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN CAPE C-19 BUSINESS RELIEF FUND: