Name of the fund
Tourism Relief Fund
Fund administered by
Department of Tourism
Type of relief/support
Total size of the fund
Who does the fund target?
Tourism businesses with a turnover of R2.5m or less
Tourism - Accommodation establishments, Hospitality and related services, Travel and related services
Minimum amount you can apply for
Maximum amount you can apply for
NB: This fund is now closed for applications.
Business must be registered with CIPC.
Turnover must be less than R2.5m.
Must be SARS compliant (i.e. up to date with submissions and payments).
Categories eligible to apply for the Tourism Relief Fund include the following:
- Accommodation establishments: Hotels; resort properties; bed and breakfast (B&B’s); guest houses; lodges and backpackers.
- Hospitality and related services: Restaurants (not attached to hotels); conference venues (not attached to hotels), professional catering; and attractions
- Travel and related services: Tour operators; travel agents; tourist guiding; car rental companies; and coach operators.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Register on https://smmesa.gov.za/
- Complete the online application form before the end of May https://www.tourism.gov.za/Pages/COVID19tourismrelieffund.aspx
- Upload the required supporting documents.
- Micro enterprises may request assistance from email@example.com
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION TO BE PROVIDED:
- FICA documents (e.g. municipal accounts, letter from traditional authority).
- CIPC registration documents.
- Certified ID copies of directors.
- 3 months’ bank statements.
- Latest annual financial statements or latest management accounts not older than three months from date of application - where applicable.
- Business profile.
- 6 months’ cash flow projections - where applicable.
- Copy of lease agreement or proof ownership if applying for rental relief.
- If applying for payroll relief, details of employees - as registered with UIF and including banking details - will be required as payroll payments will be made directly to employees.
- SMME employers who are not compliant with UIF must register before applying for relief.
- Facility statements of other funders.
- Detailed breakdown on application of funds including salaries, rent etc.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: