Name of the fund
Small Scale and Micro Clothing, Textile and Leather Business Support Scheme
Fund administered by
Department of Small Business Development
Type of relief/support
SEFA-backed revolving credit facility
Total size of the fund
Who does the fund target?
The scheme is aimed at supporting small scale, micro and informal businesses
The clothing and textile industry
Minimum amount you can apply for
Maximum amount you can apply for
The scheme supports entrepreneurs in the following sub-sectors in the clothing, textile and leather industry:
- Garment makers (dressmakers and tailors).
- Pattern calculators.
- Pattern cutters.
- Art designers.
- Fabric manufacturers.
- Shoe makers.
- Handbag makers.
The scheme covers:
- The cost of production inputs.
- Access to credit.
- Assistance with compliance and technical skills improvement e.g. labelling, industry standards and quality; and business and financial management training, including productivity management.
FUNDING CRITERIA FOR THE SMALL SCALE AND MICRO CLOTHING, TEXTILE AND LEATHER BUSINESS SUPPORT SCHEME:
- Must register on the National SMME Database https://smmesa.gov.za/
- Be informal/ micro or co-operative business.
- Registered as a legal entity (CIPC, and SARS).
- 100% South African ownership.
- 70% South African Employees.
- Valid South African identity documents.
- Minimum trading period (6 months).
- Have a valid business bank account (including newly opened).
- Willing to participate in the bulk buying scheme as organised by the DSBD or any of its agencies.
- Operating in a township or village.
- Enterprise must be owner managed.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SMALL SCALE AND MICRO CLOTHING, TEXTILE AND LEATHER BUSINESS SUPPORT SCHEME:
- Register on https://smmesa.gov.za.
- Complete an online application form/Clothing, Textile and Leather Support.
- Complete all the mandatory fields.
- Upload the required supporting documents;.
- Submit your application online.
DOCUMENTATION TO BE PROVIDED FOR THE SMALL SCALE AND MICRO CLOTHING, TEXTILE AND LEATHER BUSINESS SUPPORT SCHEME:
- Valid South African identify documents.
- Proof of registration with CIPC in the case of micro businesses and co-operatives.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE SMALL SCALE AND MICRO CLOTHING, TEXTILE AND LEATHER BUSINESS SUPPORT SCHEME:
Additional information may be obtained from any of the official websites: