Name of the fund
SARS – Provisional Tax Deferral
Fund administered by
Type of relief/support
Deferral of provisional tax liability
Total size of the fund
Who does the fund target?
Minimum amount you can apply for
Maximum amount you can apply for
- 15% of the estimated total tax liability for the first provisional tax payment due from 1 April 2020 to 30 September 2020
- 65% of the estimated total tax liability for the second provisional tax payment from 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021
RELIEF CRITERIA FOR THE SARS – PROVISIONAL TAX DEFERRAL:
- A taxpayer who is conducting a trade with a gross income of R100m per annum or less for the year of assessment the period payment is being made for.
- The gross income must not include more than 10% of income derived from interest, dividends, foreign dividends, rental from letting fixed property and any remuneration received from an employer.
- The taxpayer must be fully tax compliant.
- All returns due returns must have been filed.
- There must be no outstanding tax debt, excluding tax debt in respect which an agreement has been entered into.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SARS – PROVISIONAL TAX DEFERRAL:
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE SARS – PROVISIONAL TAX DEFERRAL:
Call the SARS contact centre on 0800 00 7277 between 9am and 4pm.