Name of the fund
Relief Fund for Tourist Guides
Fund administered by
Department of Tourism
Type of relief/support
Total size of the fund
Who does the fund target?
Registered freelance tourist guides
Tourism – Registered Freelance Tourist Guides
Minimum amount you can apply for
Maximum amount you can apply for
R1500 per month for 3 months
FUNDING CRITERIA FOR THE RELIEF FUND FOR TOURIST GUIDES:
- The relief will be applicable to registered freelance tourist guides who operate independently (without any formal employment), and without formal businesses in place.
- Tour guides must have a valid identification according to the Department of Home Affairs.
- Tour guides must be registered on one of the databases maintained by the Provincial Registrars of Tourist Guides in all nine provinces.
- Applicants must not be registered with UIF, nor have claimed any financial support through the Tourism Relief Fund.
- Registered tourist guides, who have valid identification according to DHA and who are not registered with UIF nor claimed any financial support through the Tourism Relief Fund, will receive financial relief from the Department.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE RELIEF FUND FOR TOURIST GUIDES:
- The Relief Fund for Tourist Guides will be administered through a ‘no application process.’
- Information on Guides will be sourced from the databases maintained by the Provincial Registrars of Tourist Guides in all nine provinces.
- Information will be verified with the Department of Home Affairs (DHA).
- Information will be verified with the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF), the necessary verifications and information will be validated.
- Once this exercise is completed, freelance tourist guides that meet the requirements will receive payment relief of R1500 per month for 3 months.
DOCUMENTATION TO BE PROVIDED FOR THE RELIEF FUND FOR TOURIST GUIDES:
No documentation stipulated for submission.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE RELIEF FUND FOR TOURIST GUIDES:
For any queries related to this fund, please contact the Departmental call centre on 086 0868 747 or email@example.com.
Tourist guides: enquiries relating to the database of Tourist Guides at provincial level, contact the Provincial Registrars as follows:
- Eastern Cape | Mbulelo.Siyo@ecpta.co.za
- Free State | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gauteng | Pat.Naidoo@gauteng.gov.za
- KwaZulu-Natal | Peggy.email@example.com or Nompumelelo.firstname.lastname@example.org or Nosipho.email@example.com
- Limpopo | ngobeniM@ledet.gov.za
- Mpumalanga | Danisile.Lusiba@mtpa.co.za or Justine.Hoggan@mtpa.co.za
- Northern Cape | firstname.lastname@example.org
- North West | email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Western Cape | Buyile.Nopote@westerncape.gov.za