Name of the fund
KZN Tourism Relief Fund
Fund administered by
Department of Tourism
Type of relief/support
Total size of the fund
Who does the fund target?
Tourism businesses with a turnover of R10m or less
Tourism sectors – Tourist guide ,Rikshaw operators, Arts & crafts Co -Ops and Traditional performance groups and related services
Minimum amount you can apply for
Maximum amount you can apply for
CATEGORIES ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THE KZN TOURISM RELIEF FUND INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Accommodation establishments: Hotels; resort properties; bed and breakfast (B&B’s); guest houses; lodges and backpackers.
- Hospitality and related services: Restaurants (not attached to hotels); conference venues (not attached to hotels), professional catering; and attractions.
- Travel and related services: Tour operators; travel agents; tourist guiding; car rental companies; and coach operators.
- Tourist guide, Rikshaw operators, Arts & crafts Coops and Traditional performance groups and related services
FUNDING CRITERIA FOR THE KZN TOURISM RELIEF FUND:
- An enterprise must be officially registered with relevant business registration authority Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) and those operating as Sole Proprietors.
- An enterprise must also be registered or in the progress of registration with Provincial Department of Economic Development, Tourism & Environmental Affairs (EDTEA).
- An enterprise must be generating a turnover not exceed R10 million per business financial year.
- An enterprise must be compliant with all tax regulations and in possession of a valid tax clearance certificate.
- An enterprise should not have benefited from the National or Provincial Tourism Relief Fund.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE KZN TOURISM RELIEF FUND:
- Copy of business registration certificate issued by CIPC and proof that the enterprise is registered or in the process of business registration with EDTEA.
- Certified ID copies of directors/members.
- Valid copy of Tax Clearance Certificate.
- Six (6) months’ bank statements (3 bank statements for January to March 2020 and 3 Bank statements for April to June 2021).
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE KZN TOURISM RELIEF FUND:
- Tourism Arts and Craft Co-operatives may complete the online application form before 29th of October 2021 https://kzntourismfund.co.za/arts-and-crafts-cooperatives-form/.
- Tourist guides may complete the online application form before 29th of October 2021 https://kzntourismfund.co.za/tourist-guide-form/.
- Rickshaw Operators may complete the online application form before 29th of October 2021 https://kzntourismfund.co.za/rickshaw-operators/.
- Traditional performance groups may complete the online application form before 29th of October 2021 https://kzntourismfund.co.za/traditional-performance-group/ .
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE KZN TOURISM RELIEF FUND:
Kzntourismrelief@zulu.org.za | 0861 777 579