Name of the fund
COVID-19 fund for African artists
Fund administered by
Africa Culture Fund
Type of relief/support
Grants not exceeding an amount of $5 000.
Total size of the fund
Who does the fund target?
The professional grant is a subsidy which will assist cultural organisations cover all or part of its operating expenses that it cannot afford due to the crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The relief funding is open to projects and activities in visual arts (traditional plastic arts, photography, digital art, design, fashion, and decorative arts, as well as all pre-production, production, post-production, dissemination and distribution activities in the film and audio-visual disciplines).
Small, medium and micro enterprises (SMMEs), organisations or cooperatives.
Minimum amount you can apply for
Maximum amount you can apply for
- $5 000 per cultural organisation
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 20 MAY 2021.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE COVID-19 FUND FOR AFRICAN ARTISTS:
- Interested applicants must complete an online funding application form https://www.africanculturefund.net/formulaire-de-candidature-appel-a-projets-sofaco-3/
- Applications can be submitted in English or French.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The applicant will receive an automatic acknowledgement email once the application has been received.
DOCUMENTATION TO BE PROVIDED FOR COVID-19 FUND FOR AFRICAN ARTISTS:
- Be an artistic, cultural organisation operating in Africa, with at least five years of experience (proof of legal existence to be provided).
- Submit a document showing the artistic career, process, and an overview of the artistic works of the organisation (three pages max).
- Submit a resume of the head of the organisation.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from at least one recognised reference person in the field of competency of the organisation (pointing out the need and urgency to provide financial support to the organisation).
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE COVID-19 FUND FOR AFRICAN ARTISTS:
Additional information may be obtained from any of the official websites: https://www.africanculturefund.net/.