Name of the fund
Automotive Aftermarkets Support Scheme
Fund administered by
Department of Small Business Development
Type of relief/support
SEFA-backed revolving credit facility
Total size of the fund
Who does the fund target?
The scheme is aimed at supporting small scale, micro and informal businesses
SMMEs in the automotive sector
Minimum amount you can apply for
Maximum amount you can apply for
- Maximum of R20 000 working capital for motor body repairers and mechanics
- Maximum of R30 000 working capital for auto spares shops and auto fitment centres
Objectives of the Programme
- Support motor body repairers (panel beaters) to operate accredited small /independent panel beaters (motor body repairers) centres
- Support motor mechanics and other mechanics to operate authorised service centres
- Support the small and independent auto-spares shops to operate profitable auto spare parts centres
- Support and develop the formalisation of informal automotive entrepreneurs into formal fitment centres
FUNDING CRITERIA FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE AFTERMARKETS SUPPORT SCHEME:
- Must register on the National SMME Database: https://smmesa.gov.za/
- Be an informal/ micro business or co-operative.
- Registered as a legal entity (CIPC, and SARS).
- 100% South African ownership.
- 70% South African Employees.
- Valid South African identity documents.
- Minimum trading period (6 months).
- Have a valid business bank account (including newly opened).
- Willing to participate in the bulk buying scheme as organised by the DSBD or any of its agencies.
- Operating in a township or village.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE AFTERMARKETS SUPPORT SCHEME ARE OPEN TO:
- All auto mechanics such as motor mechanics, heavy equipment mechanics, tractor and forklift mechanics, and diesel fitters.
- Panel beaters.
- Tyre and glass fitment.
- Auto spares.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE AFTERMARKETS SUPPORT SCHEME:
- Register on https://smmesa.gov.za
- Complete an online application form under the Application Forms/Automotive Aftermarkets Support.
- Complete all the mandatory fields.
- Upload the required supporting documents.
- Submit your application online.
DOCUMENTATION TO BE PROVIDED FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE AFTERMARKETS SUPPORT SCHEME:
- Valid South African identify documents.
- Proof of registration with CIPC in the case of micro-businesses and co-operatives.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE AFTERMARKETS SUPPORT SCHEME: