Name of the fund
Western Cape C-19 Business Relief Fund – Informal Business
Fund administered by
Department of Economic Development and Tourism
Type of relief/support
Financial grants for the affected enterprises.
Total size of the fund
Who does the fund target?
The fund is aimed at supporting micro and small enterprises operational in the Western Cape
Minimum amount you can apply for
Maximum amount you can apply for
Maximum of R15 000 for informal businesses
Objectives of the Programme
- The purpose of the Fund is to alleviate the economic impact on small and micro enterprises operating in the Western Cape caused by COVID-19.
- The Fund will provide relief in the form of financial grants to the affected enterprises.
- In providing support and assistance to selected businesses, the objective of the Fund is to contribute to the sustainability of qualifying Western Cape enterprises i.e. for the assisted enterprises to remain going concerns (sustainability) during the C-19 crisis in order to emerge (post the crisis) as viable labour-absorbing businesses.
- The grant will be used exclusively to subsidise business related expenses such as fixed costs, operational costs, supplier debt and other pressure cost items.
- The number of employees will be used as a qualitative consideration when adjudicating applications.
- The Fund will exclude payments of and towards salaries and wages.
FUNDING CRITERIA FOR THE WESTERN CAPE C-19 BUSINESS RELIEF FUND:
- Business must be 100% South African owned operating in the Western Cape.
- Business must be in possession of a valid municipal trade permit to trade.
- Business must be operational at the time of applying for assistance.
- Business must be in possession of an active bank account in the applicant’s name.
- Business must be able to demonstrate how the business was negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Business must employ at least one person in addition to the owner (the Department reserves the right to request supporting documents to substantiate employment figures submitted).
- Although tax registration is not a qualifying criterion when applying, applicants are encouraged to register with SARS as no funds will be disbursed to business owners that are not registered with SARS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE WESTERN CAPE C-19 BUSINESS RELIEF FUND:
Please follow the guidance and information provided below:
- The application process entails the completion of the required information online and the submission of the required supporting documents.
- Please prepare the answers to questions before attempting to complete the application. See section 4.2 and 5.2 for the information and documentation required to prepare.
- Once an application is started it must be completed. The application from does not allow for answers to be saved.
- Only applications submitted via the online process, before the closing date and time, will be considered, no emailed applications will be considered.
- Applicants must submit all the supporting documents required and listed for formal businesses or informal businesses via email to Dedat.Relief@westerncape.gov.za.
- To apply in the informal business category, please click on https://forms.gle/UEsRhEjhPnHMxT2K8
- The closing date for submissions is 12 October 2020 at 10h00. It is advisable to submit your application as early as possible as no late applications will be considered.
Should you have a question that is not addressed in this document, please send an email to the Department regarding your question to: Dedat.Relief@westerncape.gov.za. Please note: Only online applications will be accepted and evaluated.
DOCUMENTATION TO BE PROVIDED FOR THE WESTERN CAPE C-19 BUSINESS RELIEF FUND:
- Copies of identity documents of all owners.
- Municipal trading permit.
- Management accounts or bank statements for the period February to August 2020.
- Supporting documents substantiating the funding request submitted.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE WESTERN CAPE C-19 BUSINESS RELIEF FUND: