Name of the fund
Unemployment Insurance Fund Temporary Relief Scheme (UIF TERS)
Fund administered by
Department of Labour
Type of relief/support
38 - 60% of the income replacement rate on a sliding scale
Total size of the fund
Who does the fund target?
All businesses compliant with UIF Act
Minimum amount you can apply for
R3500 per month
Maximum amount you can apply for
R6730 per month
FUNDING CRITERIA FOR THE UIF TERS:
- A company that had to close for three months or less due to the Covid-19 pandemic would qualify for the TERS benefit, provided:
- The employer is registered with the UIF.
- The employer complies with the application procedure.
- The company’s closure is directly linked to Covid-19.
- Only staff that fall within the Unemployment Insurance Contributions Act will qualify.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE UIF TERS:
COVID-19 TERS BENEFIT APPLICATIONS FOR 16 OCTOBER WILL CLOSE ON 21 MARCH 2021.NO FURTHER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED BEYOND THAT DATE.
DOCUMENTATION TO BE PROVIDED FOR THE UIF TERS:
- Letter of authority, on an official company letterhead granting permission to an individual specified to lodge a claim on behalf of the company
- MOA (completion of the agreement between UIF, Bargaining Council and employer).
- Prescribed template that will require critical information from the employer.
- Evidence/payroll as proof of last three months employee(s) salary(ies).
- Confirmation of bank account details in the form of certified latest bank statement.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE UIF TERS:
011 337 1997 | firstname.lastname@example.org