Name of the fund
Small Scale Bakeries and Confectionaries Business Support Scheme
Fund administered by
Department of Small Business Development
Type of relief/support
Loan funding for working capital
Total size of the fund
Who does the fund target?
The scheme is aimed at supporting small scale bakeries and confectioneries operating as micro or informal businesses
Informal, micro and small enterprises including co-operatives based in townships and villages
Minimum amount you can apply for
Maximum amount you can apply for
R20 000 working capital for bakeries which is inclusive of revolving credit facility and R10 000 for confectioneries.
FUNDING CRITERIA FOR THE SMALL SCALE BAKERIES AND CONFECTIONARIES BUSINESS SUPPORT SCHEME:
The financial package (loan) through SEFA is structured to cover the cost of equipment (paid directly to the equipment supplier) and working capital.
- Must register on the National SMME Database https://smmesa.gov.za/
- Be informal/ micro or co-operative business.
- Registered as a legal entity (CIPC, and SARS).
- 100% South African ownership.
- 70% South African Employees.
- Valid South African identity documents.
- Minimum trading period (6 months).
- Have a valid business bank account (including newly opened).
- Business with a turnover not more than R500 000 per annum.
- Operating in a township or village.
- Enterprise must be owner managed.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SMALL SCALE BAKERIES AND CONFECTIONARIES BUSINESS SUPPORT SCHEME:
- Register on https://smmesa.gov.za/
- Complete online application form Bakeries and Confectionery Support.
- Upload the required supporting documents.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE SMALL SCALE BAKERIES AND CONFECTIONARIES BUSINESS SUPPORT SCHEME:
Additional information may be obtained from any of the official websites: