Name of the fund
KZN Tourism Relief Fund
Fund administered by
Department of Tourism
Type of relief/support
Total size of the fund
Who does the fund target?
Tourism businesses with a turnover of R2.5m or less
Tourism - Accommodation establishments, Hospitality and related services, Travel and related services
Minimum amount you can apply for
Maximum amount you can apply for
R50 000 for tourism businesses and R4500 for tourist guides.
- Accommodation establishments: Hotels; resort properties; bed and breakfast (B&B’s); guest houses; lodges and backpackers.
- Hospitality and related services: Restaurants (not attached to hotels); conference venues (not attached to hotels), professional catering; and attractions.
- Travel and related services: Tour operators; travel agents; tourist guiding; car rental companies; and coach operators.
FUNDING CRITERIA FOR THE KZN TOURISM RELIEF FUND:
An enterprise must be a tourism-specific establishment that has been in existence for at least one business financial year, operating within the province of KwaZulu-Natal.
An enterprise must be officially registered with relevant business registration authorities, such as the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC).
An enterprise must also be registered or in the process of registration with the Provincial Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs.
An enterprise must be generating a turnover not exceeding R2,5 million per business financial year.
An enterprise must be compliant with all tax regulations and in possession of a valid tax clearance certificate.
An enterprise must be compliant with the requirements of the National Minimum Wage.
An enterprise must be in possession of a BEE Certificate at level 1, 2, or 3 of the B-BBEE Codes.
An enterprise must be able to demonstrate that it has been directly affected by the impact of COVID-19.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE KZN TOURISM RELIEF FUND:
- Tourism businesses may complete the online application form before 15 April 2021 https://kzntourismfund.co.za/enterprise-form/.
- Tourist guides may complete the online application form before 15 April 2021 https://kzntourismfund.co.za/tourist-guide-form/.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE KZN TOURISM RELIEF FUND:
Kzntourismrelief@zulu.org.za| 0861 777 579