Name of the fund
COVID Relief Fund for Cultural and Creative Industries
Fund administered by
Department of Sport, Arts and Culture
Type of relief/support
This relief is a once-off payment
Total size of the fund
R 22 282 000
Who does the fund target?
The relief funding is open to crafters, who are practitioners involved in the production of a broad range of utilitarian and decorative items produced using a range of materials, skills and techniques such as grass-weaving, ceramics, beadwork, wirework, wood, jewellery, paper, fabric painting and printing, quilting, leatherwork, pewter, glasswork, embroidery and mixed media.
Small, medium and micro enterprises (SMMEs), organisations or cooperatives.
Minimum amount you can apply for
Maximum amount you can apply for
- R15000 for Individuals
- R30000 for SMMEs
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 12 NOVEMBER 2020 AT 12:00.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE COVID RELIEF FUND FOR CULTURAL AND CREATIVE INDUSTRIES:
- Complete application form. https://www.srsa.gov.za/sites/default/files/Application%20form-%20companies-English.pdf
- Complete the COVID-19 relief affidavit. https://www.srsa.gov.za/sites/default/files/Affidavit-English.pdf
- Applications and required supporting documents should be submitted to the nine (9) hubs and agencies per provinces. https://www.srsa.gov.za/media/open-call-joint-covid-19-relief-fund-tot-he-craft-design-visual-arts-and-audio-visual-sectors
DOCUMENTATION TO BE PROVIDED FOR THE COVID RELIEF FUND FOR CULTURAL AND CREATIVE INDUSTRIES:
- Certified copies of SA ID of business owners.
- Valid tax clearance certificate or tax PIN.
- Bank statements from June to August 2020.
- FICA documents (e.g. municipal accounts; letter from traditional authority).
- Most recent annual financial statement (from the previous financial year).
- Letter of motivation describing how COVID-19 has impacted your professional practice/company, and your future plans.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE COVID RELIEF FUND FOR CULTURAL AND CREATIVE INDUSTRIES: