Name of the fund
Agricultural Disaster Support Fund for Smallholder and Communal Farmers
Fund administered by
Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development
Type of relief/support
Funding is in the form of a grant
Total size of the fund
Who does the fund target?
Smallholder and communal producers
Minimum amount you can apply for
Maximum amount you can apply for
- Smallholder farmers/producers must have a minimum turnover of R20 000 per annum but not exceeding R1m (produce financial records or evidence if financial statements cannot be produced during this lockdown period).
- South African certified ID copy not older than 3 months.
- Valid confirmation of land tenure/ownership (title deeds, tribal resolution, permission to occupy, minimum 5 years lease agreement).
- Already farming.
- Application form completed.
- Farming operation able to create permanent and/or seasonal jobs.
- In cases where the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) certificate is necessary for the operations, evidence of such to be provided.
- Proof of access to water for irrigation in case of fruit, vegetables and winter crops (i.e. water licence/rights or proof that it has been applied for, borehole or other sources).
- Non-Government employees.
HOW TO APPLY:
PLEASE NOTE APPLICATIONS FOR THIS FUND ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED, HOWEVER THE VALIDITY OF VOUCHERS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 30 SEPTEMBER 2020.
- No late entries will be accepted.
- Application forms will be available through national, provincial, district and local offices of both the National Department of Agriculture, Land Reform on www.dalrrd.gov.za and Rural Development and Provincial Departments of Agriculture.